Sunday, March 29, 2009

For the 1-Up Crew

Although this will be meaningless to a majority of those on my friends list, there may be a few of you who know of what I speak.

Recently (though not too recently because I was slow in writing this), 1-Up was bought out by UGO. After all was said and done, a massive amount of the 1-Up staff was let go. With these changes, fans of 1-Up were all dealt a devastating blow. But that's besides the point. The main thing I'm writing about is the fact that many ambitious, talented, deserving individuals are now without jobs. So, as a fan, I just want to offer my support to those who have fallen on hard times.

What's more, those who are left at 1-Up, those who had to watch their friends and co-workers leave the office for the last time, don't blame yourselves. You, just like those who have now moved on to other things, are hard workers, and it wasn't your fault that these events came to pass.

To everyone from 1-Up, past and present, I wish you the best of luck and I will be keeping an eye out for all of your future projects.


Past podcasts from 1-Up are still available for download through iTunes (and, I'm sure, through other means as well). Some of the crew have shown up on a new podcast, Rebel FM. Check it out for updates on what those individuals are up to, as well as their thoughts on everything that transpired.

No comments: